Loading some great jobs for you...
Application Owner and developer for Data Warehousing solutions as part of the global Manufacturing Technology Data Solutions Group, based in the GLOBALFOUNDRIES facility in Malta, NY. The Data Solutions Group is responsible for integrating manufacturing and engineering data out of a high variety of source systems used in the semiconductor engineering and production process. The data warehouse solutions are used in the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fabs in Dresden, in the US and in Singapore, and the Data Solutions Group is responsible to conceptualize and provide timely, high-quality solutions that address analysis needs of engineers in a leading-edge semiconductor foundry. The person In this role will be responsible for the design, implementation, optimization and support of enhancements and deficiency corrections, as well as the coordination of new releases. Responsibilities will also include activities to streamline and further standardize the architecture in the data warehouse space and provide technical consulting to projects with data warehouse related scope. A thorough understanding of Data Warehousing and Software Development Lifecycle concepts, strong communication skills and a process-oriented mindset are required in addition to very good technical and documentation skills.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Development of sophisticated data warehouse solutions based on good understanding of overall system architecture and data flow and usage within GLOBALFOUNDRIES.
- Oracle Database design and development, including logical and physical schema design
- Oracle Database application performance tuning and optimization
- Define architecture and design approaches to address customer requirements.
- Oracle Data Warehouse ETL application development, using ETL tools such as Ab Initio and programming/scripting languages including Java, C, and Perl
- Manage requirements backlog (including bug fixes) against your applications. This includes providing / verifying effort estimates on proposed solutions and managing a release roadmap.
- Oversee implementation work done by the external partner (prioritize maintenance work, hold design and code reviews).
- Assure creation / maintenance of required documentation, including design specifications for fixed price projects, architectural diagrams aso.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; familiarity with various root cause analysis methods; experience in documenting identified problems and determined resolutions.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or similar relevant fields.
- Very good knowledge of data warehouse architecture approaches and trends, and high interest to apply and further develop that knowledge, including understanding of Dimensional Modeling and ERD design approaches,
- Proven experience (3 years minimum) with Oracle Application development, including physical and logical table design, performance tuning and optimization,
- Experience with Oracle 11g and/or 12c features,
- Proven experience with large, complex database projects in environments producing high-volume data,
- Proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL
-- Experience in preparing data warehouse design artifacts based on given requirements (ETL framework design, data modeling, source-target-mapping),
- Excellent conceptual abilities pared with very good technical documentation skills, e.g. ability to understand and document complex data flows as part of business / production processes,
- Familiarity with SDLC concepts and processes,
- Ability to work in the US
- Availability for occasional international business travel.
- Experience with one or more industry-leading ETL tools, preferably Ab Initio,
- Experience with one or more modern programming languages, preferably Java & willingness to learn others
- Knowledge of Pro-C,Perl and shell-scripting in Unix and Linux environments,
- Experience in semiconductor industry,
- Knowledge of XML
- Experience with reporting data solutions and business intelligence tools
- Experience in collecting, structuring and summarizing requirements in a data warehouse environment,
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and data mining,
- Experience in test management, test case definition and test processes
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ...@globalfoundries.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...