- Global Foundries
- $115,530.00 -170,900.00/year*
102 Wood Rd
Summary of Role:
This position is for an outstanding Data Engineer to contribute as a strong technical expert in Big Data & Analytics domain for GLOBALFOUNDRIES' state of the art 300mm and 200mm wafer fabs. Individual will be responsible for expanding and maintain our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.Tasks includes data pipeline development process including Data platform service development Data ETL batch and streaming Data solution implementation.
* Collaborate with users, data analysts and data scientists to design and build data engineering solutions
* Design, build, deploy and maintain streaming and batch data pipelines capable of processing and storing high volume of data quickly and reliably
* Build and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence tools
* Develop data catalogs and data validations to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
* Non-Business hour emergency support for critical issues
* Must be flexible to work in a 24/7 support environment
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
* Master'ss Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, CIS, Engineering, Data Science or relevant field
* 1 years of software development work experience
* Ability to travel to worldwide manufacturing locations to support on the job training and collaboration
* Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
* Must-have Excellent programming / analytical skills and SQL skills.
* Knowledge in distributed system e.g. Kubernetes, Hadoop, SPARK, KAFKA
* Knowledge in different type of DB system e.g. Relational DB, Column DB, DocumentDB.
* Experience in modeling and managing data persistence in efficient platforms such as NoSQL, Elasticsearch & RDBMS.
* Knowledge in LINUX based system operation and shell scripting.
* Knowledge in RESTful API development.
* Experience in java, python and scala programming.
* DevOps Tools experience: Git/GitHub, Atlassian Suite,Jenkins, Maven
* Knowledge in System, application status monitoring.
* Non-Business hour emergency support for very critical issues.
* Good to have data pipeline management experience.
* Streaming pipeline development experience.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ...@globalfoundries.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Associated topics: algorithm, c++, c#, developer, php, programming, sdet, software engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...